Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Qin Kai is home


Have you noticed the school holidays almost come to an end....

I am happy Qin Kai has enjoyed his 21 days stay at Bentong (Confucian camp 2011.) There are so much to share and where shall I begin?

Let me share with you my feeling, I missed him dearly this round as have been spending lot of time with him since I quit my job. This make me realize and experience the 'let go' moment. There are lot of parents suffer the anxiety when their children have to leave home and move on to further their studies. Parents need to start to adjust their life stlye without the kids around. This is a wake up call....think :)
I do observed most children didn't even know how to take themselves (they can't wash their laundry, didn't clean the dishes aftervmeals, didn't help in housekeepin etc) why? They have kakak at home or they have a very hardworking mother! They are not given a chance to do what they suppose to.
I really want to congratulate every children who attended the camp - JOB WELL DONE. Now they know to wash their laundry, they help in the kitchen, they tidy their own bed, they sweep the floor and they have fun! It is alright if the job not done perfectly or not the way you want. What is important is they tried and they can do it themselves.

There also lot of other new experience for the children, they enjoyed the morning walk - up the hill, plant vegetable (learn to eat vegetables ^-^), play in the stream, night tracking, kampung walk, yoga, hand craft etc (trust me, they don't like it at first as they didnt have such opportunity, most of them will be drowned by tuitions, or when they have the freen time, how many don't have I-phone,I-pad, PSP, WII?? How many of us have time to do such outing with them?)

The other important aspect of this 21 days is to 're-form' the children behavior and attitude. Parents can only contact teacher in charge once a week via phone to have minimum distraction :) I remembered clearly a sharing from one of the kid during the graduation day - he is so proud to tell he has break his bad habit, he learn to respect others, must have good manners - is a new him!! What a great transformation. I am sure you all like children who know how to greet 'hello', say 'please' and express gratitude 'thank you, when given them something?

Do watch out my next sharing the words from Qin Kai.... I guarantee you will have fun....stay tune.

1 comment:

  1. A spiritual boot camp is one of the great ways to keep kids occupied during the school break. A me-time away from parents helps them develop not only compassion and gratitude but helps to promote living skills for independence too. Congrats to Qin Kai's successfully completion of his boot camp.

    ReplyDelete

做个冻龄的芳疗师

  生活中有起有落,有时候阳光普照,有时候大雨倾盆,但是只有在经历过阳光风雨之后才会有彩虹 守护着自己的健康,做自己人生的主人!我选择BLOOM 胶原蛋白,由里到外的调理。你想知道如何冻龄吗?来问我。 #身心灵 #正能量 #芳疗收 #冻龄的秘密