Saturday, December 24, 2011

Letter with Comic

<><>
Today entering the last week of the school holidays. Most parents will be busy with the preparation for their kids to go back to school (OH NO, have to wake up early morning, rush for breakfast, pack the meal box, busy with the tuition/activities programs etc......)

I am kind of looking forward for the new year and it will be a new start for all of us. It is the time I am going to put what we have been learning from the confucian camp and midbrain into action. I am so excited!!

I have a great me-my time while Qin Kai away to the confucian camp, very happy as accomplished most of the tasks on hand (except one and I am pretty sure it can be done :) Darling, if you are reading this, you know what I am talking about!!!)

As for Qin Kai, he has learned something during his stayed at the camp and these are the things he will be used/put into practice for the rest of his life. I am grateful to Chen lou shi and her team to run the camp successfully. I must thank you Qin Kai's daddy to sponsor as well as agreed for him to attend this camp.

Let me extract a bit of Qin Kai update from the camp (I am sure you are not able to read his handwriting as it is really bad - but he was telling me 'don't worry mom, in the future, we have the tools to help us to write - you can have all type of font, sizes and colors, so this is ok' Ha)

1. He felt sad when we are not around (he then realize he must appreciate and treasure the time when parents are with him)
2. He has to wake up early and get himself ready for the morning gathering (he said he is like king at home that everytime his mother will wake him up and the breakfast is ready ...)
3. He learn to thank you for the food that is served and not forgetting the Yang mama who has been busy cooking for them the past 21 days
4. He met new friends (and also friends who joined the camp last year). He is very happy with all the friends
5. He thank you his 'team lead' who always take good care of them
6. He enjoyed the morning walk up the 'hill'
7. The most exciting activity for him is to able to swim in the 'river', very cold ...
8. He can't wait to go back to see the 'flower' they plant next year (oh ya, he wanted to go back again next year!!!)
9. I have viewed some photos on 'the kampung walk' and they all have fun.
10 Night tracking seems not too challenging for him as I was told he is one of the first few to complete the mission
11. Not forgetting the Yoga session with Master Mani - they just love him
12. He also mentioned 'camp fire' and the summary from him 'syok lo'
13. There are time, he will get the scold from teachers and he is not happy (but he shared with me that he is aware that he is wrong and he will make sure he didnt' do it again)

There are 'free & easy' time for the children but overall, there will be activities to fill up the time for the kids to learn, to experience and very much hand on on all of the things they are doing.

I guess parents play an important role to 'play' what they have learnt and be there when you are when them. (I also constantly remind myself, no iphone during 'our time'). Try it out yourself the next time you are performing the book reading, activities or simply any outdoor game with them. (put the phone into mute or just put them aside for the 20-30 minutes) You will enjoy the quality time....

I can't stop Qin Kai from the ipad, wii, psp, TV etc, but there's always a limit/boundary to all that. I have learnt the hard way to set the time that agreed by both of us and to execute the boundary - Dear Parents, you must not COMPROMISE (this is Tough Love!!!)

Well, I am grateful I have Qin Kai and I have to continue to learn to share.....and I continue to grow wiser everyday

WELL DONE, Ericca  & WELL DONE to QIn Kai too ^-^

2nd letter from Qin Kai - this is 'hand delivery' when I met him on the last day @ camp :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

做个冻龄的芳疗师

  生活中有起有落,有时候阳光普照,有时候大雨倾盆,但是只有在经历过阳光风雨之后才会有彩虹 守护着自己的健康,做自己人生的主人!我选择BLOOM 胶原蛋白,由里到外的调理。你想知道如何冻龄吗?来问我。 #身心灵 #正能量 #芳疗收 #冻龄的秘密