Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trataka vs Midbrain

Trataka (Tratak - Candle meditation)

I have been practiced this with Qin Kai and it is not easy; it took me some weeks and finally both of us can sit quietly in front of a candles (you can imagine what this boy will do to avoid the flame remains steady....), keeping the eyes open and staring at the candle from 30 seconds to 1 minute till tears began to flow....

Practising this regularly balance the nervous system, relieving anxiety, tension and it improves the memory. You will notice it develops good concentration!

How do I relate this to Midbrain exercise? As, I noticed the key for the kid to perform the blindfold exercises is when they are in a very calm and focus mode.

As per the parents guide book, there are 3 fundamental steps to start the blindfold exercise

1. Relaxation
2. Deep Breathing
3. Imagine Sun's light

I have replaced item 3 with Trataka and the effect is good:) Then it is not too boring for Qin Kai to follow through the same routines....

If you are intesrested to find out more how to prepare your own 'candle below' and steps how to perform the Trataka exercis, do drop me a message in the comment box below. I love to share :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

做个冻龄的芳疗师

  生活中有起有落,有时候阳光普照,有时候大雨倾盆,但是只有在经历过阳光风雨之后才会有彩虹 守护着自己的健康,做自己人生的主人!我选择BLOOM 胶原蛋白,由里到外的调理。你想知道如何冻龄吗?来问我。 #身心灵 #正能量 #芳疗收 #冻龄的秘密